Tuesday, January 1, 2008

What the New Year Brings

Happy 2008! I can't believe that "next year" is already here. For the last few weeks, our lives have continued on fast forward. We shoveled some snow, did lots of Christmas shopping, attended some Christmas parties, shoveled some more snow, travel to Madison to spend Christmas with my family, drove through some snow, watched Jack roll over a few times, and shoveled yet more snow. (I recently heard that we had more snow in December than we have for many of the winters that I have lived here. That doesn't surprise me.)

Here's a few pictures from those events...

Karla, Jack, and Katie at the Buckskin Christmas Gathering

The weather's gonna stay this way for how many months?

You mess with Tom, you mess with me

I am strangely drawn to this

Will Ferrell has some competition

And next year I want a Red Ryder gun, a pony, and a real live fire truck

2008 will bring us many changes. Tomorrow, Jack goes to his first day of daycare. Tomorrow is also my first day of my new (although somewhat? temporary) telecommuting schedule. We will soon be returning to our status as a two-car family (if all goes well), after a year or so as a single-car one. We will also soon become an aunt and uncle, as my brother and sister-in-law have a baby on the way. Hopefully, we will also be able to slow down a bit as 2008 begins. I will try and keep you posted about how each of these changes is going.

Hope you enjoyed the holidays. Here's wishing you all the best in 2008!

No comments: